Beckhoff help (long shot)

the_msp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, so I guess I'll start by saying I didn't design this system, or even am responsible for it's maintenance... just trying to help out and hopefully you can help me out there...

The system is a full production line which is cellular and one cell is not working due to ERR lights on all IO modules.

The software (Twincat NC 1 V2.10) reports a "cfgData" error for the profibus slave adaptor (ILxxxx-B3xx)

The profibus tab shows the following under "cfg Data":

B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 1F 16 20

For another cell that is working fine it shows:

B2 12 20

The slave adapter has been changed (same result) and we are currently going round all input modules (1x2300) with a spare input module and also using that to test the output (hope this doesn't generate it's own error) as we don't have any spare festo 1x4404 units.

I tried downloading an earlier program and had same issues in this cell.

Thanks Garry, it's definitely:

Error code 7

Error code 7 indicates a variety of errors when checking the CfgData. The error argument describes the error.
Error argumentDescription1The length of the CfgData received is not correct2The syntax of the CfgData received is not correct3The length of the DP input data that has been calculated from the CfgData is too large4The length of the DP output data that has been calculated from the CfgData is too large

Could a physical issue (e.g. fibre) cause this or is it more likely software related?

Thanks