Motion Axis Gear Robot To Kinetix 6500??

spence144db

I have a new LR mate 200iD with all the bells and whistles. Anyone ever gear a AB servo to a Fanuc Robot with any success? My problem here seems to be network latency. Im Moving the Robot at around 2000 mm/s. by the time a position register even gets back to the PLC to make a incremental move of the axis the robot has already moved another few inches.

The robot talks over Ethernet I/P to the plc. RPI is set to 2ms. The connection is safety and it is using some sort of CIP so I was hoping to use the time stamping like the CIP motion does over the same network. As for the encoder feed back I am unsure....I do however get x,y,z data from a robot register...it's just to slow to update for motion control.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone! I'm upgrading a "flowpack" machine using 1769-L36ERM, 5 Kinetix5500 with VPL motors and a 842E-CM encoder as a master. When...
Replies
Views
Hello Experts, I'm wondering if this has been done before if possible to create an Emulate file that have motion control axis? I tried to...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, On my system, i got prop valve controling cylinder on the left and right to adjust the center of a lumber before it get in a woodmill...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We have been working on our own controller after many decades of using the "big names". What would your ideal motion-controller be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking through the CIP_AXIS_DRIVE data type in a Logix controller to look for something that can tell me whether the current...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom