Simotion PLC

johneedw

Hello friends,
I'm facing an error with a simotion PLC model: D425 and i need to connect it to the PG but i don't know the suitable cable for programming!, it has an ethernet and MPI port.
Please, advice me to the suitable cable model and the suitable loader software..
Note: I've MPI cable adapter using it for s7-200, 300 &400 and Simatic manager software but i don't sure if it is compatible for simotion PLC?..
Thank you

Last edited:
A D425 is a motion controller but does have limited PLC capabilities. You will need the Simotion software to program it.

The best advice I can offer is to contact the person/company that set it up originally.

Nick

If you know the IP of the D425, you can get the diagnostics via Internet Explorer and Ethernet.

Type the IP into the browser and voilá!

If you know the IP of the D425, you can get the diagnostics via Internet Explorer and Ethernet.

Type the IP into the browser and voilá!

I think that only works if they've activated the web page, but it is a great way to get diagnostics.

You can also program the simotion via the ethernet port, but as another poster says, you need Simotion SCOUT. I'm not sure if the program can be uploaded, you might need the original project from the machine builder.

Thank you for kind replies..
But when i type the IP in the explorer, i need also a suitable software to support ethernet connection, I've a simatic TIA loader using it for s7-1200 plc but i don't sure if this loader is suitable for the mentioned PLC type?..
Advice please !..

To get diagnostics you just need a laptop and a Ethernet lead. Plug into port x127 on the front. The default IP for that port is 169.254.11.22. Type that into your browser.

You wont get anywhere using TIA with a D425 it's not the correct software.

Thank you for kind replies..
But when i type the IP in the explorer, i need also a suitable software to support ethernet connection, I've a simatic TIA loader using it for s7-1200 plc but i don't sure if this loader is suitable for the mentioned PLC type?..
Advice please !..

We told you what software you need. It's called Simotion SCOUT.

Hopefully you'll be able to use Internet explorer or another web browser to view the built in web page, as most are suggesting.