FT View SE setting a tag value equal to an input

You are probably confused on what I actually want from the title, so here's an explanation.

Right now I have 3 objects:
1: current value (read only field) - linked to the tag
2: new value (input field) - not linked to any tag
3: send button

what I'm wondering is, is there a way for me to have the send button send whatever the value of the "new value" input field is?

basically something like an on release action that sends the tag
&Set[PLC]Tag = new value input field?

I'm not sure if this is even possible, any thoughts?

thanks!

I don't think you can get there from here with FT View SE, at least not the way you're trying. It would be helpful to know what your motivation is for doing this or give more detail on what you're trying to do.

Are you trying to use only one numeric input field to handle data entry for several tags? If so, you could have the singular numeric input write to a tag in the PLC and then have the "send" button turn on a bit in the PLC. Each unique bit could then move the data in the PLC from the numeric input tag to the appropriate read only tag. Anyway, let us know.

Yep. I think that is the way to do it. Then for each input you give them a unique memory tag. Each Send button triggers a specific macro that sets your value.

Set external_tag1 = mem_tag_1

Your numeric input can check that it is between a min and max value or you can include it as part of your set expression. But now they must hit ENTER to write the value to the mem tag.

OG

Last edited: