Drive Executive Question Marks

Jiftim

Hi guys/gals,

I'm having a problem finding a solution to my issue so I thought I'd see if anyone here has some experience with it.

We are running Drive Exec v5.02, RSLinx Classic 2.59 and a variety of RSLogix from v16 up to v20.13.

My problem is connecting to a drive using Drive Exec.

In RSLinx, I have it configured to where I can browse to a drive through an ENBT card connected to a CNB card since the drive is connected to Cnet. Everything is hunky dory in RSLinx. When I try to connect to it through Drive Exec, I have yellow question marks on everything I have configured in RSLinx except for on lonely MicroLogix 1200. I'm not usually supporting the asset we have this problem on but the guys who do tell me it used to work. It acts like an EDS files are missing but it's not since I can see everything in RSLinx and I don't see where I can point Drive Exec at anything.

Anyone experience this before? I've tried reinstalling Drive Exec but wasn't sure what else to do for it. I've perused the AB KB and Google but haven't had any luck. I'm not sure I'm searching with the right key words.

Last edited:
What are you running it on? You do understand that DriveTools SP is only designed to run on Win2000, XP and Vista, right?

Anyway, read through KB article #61831 and see if that applies. It then links you to other articles that may be relevant.

Last edited:
What are you running it on? You do understand that DriveTools SP is only designed to run on Win2000, XP and Vista, right?

Anyway, read through KB article #61831 and see if that applies. It then links you to other articles that may be relevant.

We are running it on Win7 and I didn't think about compatibility. They made it sound like it had quit working recently and I don't think that PCs been updated in a couple years but, like I said, I don't normally support the asset.

I tried switching the compatibility to WinXP SP3 and it now works again. Thanks for your input jraef!