How do you see Incoming and Outgoing Ethernet connections on PLC5?

lunenburger

I have a PLC5/40E Series F connected to a PLC network with 30 other Allen Bradley PLC's.
I am trying to see all the PLC's that are reading data from this processor via msg instructions.

I have looked on the web interface with internet explorer, and I can see some IP addresses with inbound and outbound connections, but there are more connections than what is listed there.

Is there a way to see them without using third party software?

Thanks

Have you access to all the other PLCs?

I had to carry out this exercise when I first came here.

Went through all the PLCs one by one and documented all the msg instructions to/from PLCs, then went to the SCADAs to find out what PLCs were connected, but never got to the stage of all the data being written to PLCs.....

Huge task.....................

The web page is the only place your going to find that. PLC has no clue who is connected to it. Other than that use Wireshark.

Yes, I checked the Web page interface and could only see some of the connections under:
Diagnostic Information - CSP Session Tables.
But then I also found the rest of the connections under:
Diagnostic Information - Encapsulation Protocol Session Table

Between these 2 tables it shows all the PLC communication.....

+1 for Wireshark. It will show EtherNet/IP packets etc.

Structuring your programs so all your MSG's are easy to find and manage is big help to the next guy.

Structuring your programs so all your MSG's are easy to find and manage is big help to the next guy.

+1

And, I usually go so far as to put in disable MSG instructions a lot, mimicking the real ones.

95% of the time, I don't NEED write messages, so I'll have slave processors doing READS from the master. In those cases, the master gets a disabled WRITE message instruction to each slave, so you can tell from either end what is being communicated.