Modicon TSX micro TSX3721001

qayyum faiz

Dears,

I am trying to communicate with modicon TSX3721001 using TSXcUSB485 cable

i purchased the cable from a local Schneider distributor and he did not give me the CD for its drivers. I donwloaded it from the internet and some how the driver issue is resolved as the cable is being showed in the device manager as healthy...

i am using Windows XP SP3 Virtual Machine and trying to connect with the PLC thorough this VM. Whenever i try to connect it gets connected but when i press start it gives me an error "No remotel ACK in fucntion net_query! Stay connected?"

if i check yes then after few seconds the same error pops up again and if I press NO then the communication is no more

for PLC i am using PL7 PRO V4.4 and also from there i am not able to communicate..

its been 2 days now i am stuck with this issue please help me out

please see the attached files for the settings and error message snapshot

settings.jpg settings1.jpg error.jpg

Your parity on the port settings of windows is at none. Where it should be odd

Also what is strange is in the unitelway setup where you select the com port normally it shows the cable part number next to the com port number. See picture
Do you apply settings in unitelway setup so the driver does a reset?

unitelway.PNG

Dear Chud,

I changed the partiy to Odd but still the same issue and just to rectify the issue i got a suggestion from a friend of mine to quit virtual machine and try to communicate through a real machine so i prepared one desktop with windows XP and tried to communicate from there but still i got the same reply.... :mad:

i am also curious about what you are saying that the cable name appears along with the COM which is not coming in my case...

it means that there is some issue with the installed Driver??

what do you suggest.... how to solve this issue???

Today i am successful in Communicating with the PLC, also uploaded the program and viewed online...

my issue was with the USB and unitelway drivers... i contacted local support from schnieder and described them the issue and asked them to send me links for the drivers so that i can cross check..

they sent me the links although the driver installed before was also downloaded from schneider's official website don't know why it didn't work.

below are the links for the latest versions of the drivers if someone has a similar issue it would be helpful for him/her.

https://schneider-electric.box.com/s/9wtvr55xz5f5ao0ney74zsnh55t1lsi0
https://schneider-electric.box.com/s/jyf6f6gma6vcl0blbttnugwl8a6ty2r1

and one important thing that i was able to communicate on a dedicated system with Windows XP SP3 i did not use virtual machine and also if the driver is successfully installed when you open the driver manager you will see there the TSXC485USB ready along with the selected COM just as CHUD mentioned in his post.

i will also try it on virtual machine with the new drivers and share my experience.