FactoryTalk v8.0.0 - Only showing trends for current month

stuarthurston

Hello! I am a newbie trying to troubleshoot/solve an issue with FactoryTalk trends. I have found answers on this fourm before, and am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have a trend screen polling historical data from a data log model, but it is only displaying the trends for the current month. The data is being recorded into the database, and it is all there (Years worth), but only the most recent month is showing up on the trend screen.

On Friday (July 29th) the trend showed data consistently from July 1st, but nothing from June or before. Today (August 1st), all of those trends are gone. All that is displayed is data starting from July 31st ~11pm, to now.

Again, all the data is in the database.

Does anyone know if there is a setting in FactoryTalk that limits the amount of data to show on the trend screen?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: FactoryTalk SE v8.0.0,Studio

Last edited:
Go into the Trend configuration by right clicking on the trend. Look at the X-axis tab.

Go into the Trend configuration by right clicking on the trend. Look at the X-axis tab.

I looked through all those settings before, and it looked fine. Is there any significance to things being greyed out? I've attached a screenshot. Thanks for the help, btw.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
No. The reason that they are greyed out is explained right there on the dialog box. Can you provide screen shots from the other tabs as well? Any VBA code on this screen?

The reason that they are greyed out is explained right there on the dialog box.

Duh, I see it. Thanks.

There is some VBA for this display, but it is only used for error handling - error message if the PLC is not connected. It is used on all the displays. Here are some screenshots of the other tabs. There's a limit on the forum to how many I can upload at once, so I had to pick and choose.

General.PNG Display.PNG Pens.PNG y.PNG Common.PNG

Did you check the settings of the data models? Maybe the data models used in the trend are linked to file records and not am ODBC connection.

As far I remember, file records can be programmed to clear data after an interval of time.

Did you check the settings of the data models? Maybe the data models used in the trend are linked to file records and not am ODBC connection.

As far I remember, file records can be programmed to clear data after an interval of time.

In the Setup tab of the Data Log Model, it is set to use the ODBC database. All of the data is being saved to the database, and the data that is being show on the trend display matches the values from the database - it is just missing the previous months!
In the File Management tab of the Data Log Model, it is set to NOT purge oldest data, meaning everything is still in the database.

Thanks for the idea though!

Where's the X-Axis info? Also did you check the ODBC connection? Also screenprint the datalog model config dialogs.

Where's the X-Axis info? Also did you check the ODBC connection? Also screenprint the datalog model config dialogs.

I included the X-Axis image up above.

I've included some screen for the datalog model. The 'Paths' and the File Management' screen are the default settings. There is no ODBC backup, and nothing is purged.

How would you suggest testing the ODBC connection?

dbTest.PNG Trigger.PNG

Last edited:
Are you sure your writing to and reading from the same database? Going through and checking the ODBC setup to be sure. On one of the last pages of the ODBC connection setup screens is a button to test the connection.