Keyence barcoder and Compactlogix

dginbuffalo

Fellow countrymen, and non-countrymen for that matter! I am embarking on another "first" by integrating a barcoder reader with a Compactlogix PLC. I have the data coming into the PLC into an array of SINTS through an ethernet connection. I can see trigger the barcoder and see the correct data. Big question is how to I pull the various pieces of data out and put them in various string or real types? I will have a part # that has letters in it and I will also have a scale +/- weight range that I will have to do some weigh checking with. Any good tips tricks or AOI's?? Thank you much in advance.

https://www.keyence.com/support/user/barcode/download/connections.jsp

Check out the above link from the Keyance website. Sample Programs & Setup Guides
There is one for the CompactLogix.

Regards,

Thanks. There is actually very little in the sample file. Basically it just gives you a copy function and a UDT to get the data out of the scanner. Nothing on decoding data. My string looks something like this 81250 S1039 033116 .15- .15.
This is workorder #, order #, date , weight limit minus, weight limit plus. I need to display some of it on a touchscreen and use the weight limits to compare to an actual scale reading to see if it's in tolerance. So basically I have to decode the portions of the string, keep some as a string, and make some into reals.

If the positions/lengths are fixed then copy the SINTs from each section into the SINTs of an individual string. Set the string length to the number of SINTs.

If the positions/lengths aren't fixed then copy the whole thing into a single string setting the length. Then use FIND to locate the section delimiters. With this information use the MID command to extract the various sections into their own strings as above.

Use STOR to extract the value of the 'decimal' numeric strings.

it will take a bit of trial and error but it is well within the capabilities of the instruction set.

If the positions/lengths are fixed then copy the SINTs from each section into the SINTs of an individual string. Set the string length to the number of SINTs.

If the positions/lengths aren't fixed then copy the whole thing into a single string setting the length. Then use FIND to locate the section delimiters. With this information use the MID command to extract the various sections into their own strings as above.

Use STOR to extract the value of the 'decimal' numeric strings.

it will take a bit of trial and error but it is well within the capabilities of the instruction set.

Thanks Bernie- I was afraid that's the answers I'd get-lol. Strange this is that I've been trying to test this in the office and it seems like the instructions won't execute (see picture)? I have this in the main program so it should be executing but I'm not seeing the results I thought I would.

FIND.jpg

SR-700 Keyance barcode scanner Ethernet connection to Compactor ControlLogix

Hello.
Am following up on thread from 'dginbuffalo' above.
Have a Keyance SR700 unit and will use a a Keyance N-L20 unit to connect it into Ethernet based CompactLogix Processor.
I've loaded the sample acd file from https://www.keyence.com/support/user...onnections.jsp. Basically it is 15 lines of code reading and writing to specific memory locations on N-L20.
Is there a cleaner example (aoi preferably) out there that somebody has used?
Otherwise, I may have to write something specific for this interface in RSLx5k but feel I'm redoing work that must have been done often before!
Thanks.