Connecting remotely to a logix PLC

JDreamer

Hi,
I'm able to connect to only two ab plcs (1756-L73) remotely that are in the same network than others, I'm using the cmd "route add" plc IP mask PC IP metric 1; then add the driver for each plc IP in RSLinx; if I'm doing the same steps for each plc IP address, why I can't even ping the rest of them?
Please help.

Make sure the gateway IP address is set correctly in all of the devices on your network that you are accessing remotely. This is a problem I've ran into with VPNs and such.

Is the gateway set up done through the usb port to the 1756-EN2T? 'cause I can't see where to change it, the only thing I see is the IP address setting.
Thanks.

The gateway setting is missing will it stop the processor if it's running when I enter the gateway IP?

Last edited: