Backup Siemens TIA Project?

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Customer wants a copy..
I am new to Siemens TIA and cannot find out how to backup to send.

Also...how do I restore when they send me back edits?

In the project view: menu Project -> Archive...
and choose a filename (it makes *.ap13 for Tiav13 but it's just a ZIP file)
Customer should have same Tia version to open it I assume (with Project -> retrieve...)

success

Thanks....
Archive and not backup....got t
Retrieve and not restore....got it

Considering I am using "networks" and not "rungs"....this makes sense.

Just a tip. I see balash recommends just zipping the project folder, I wouldn't do that. Not sure if this applies to TIA, but with Simatic Manager, if you zip/unzip using external programs you could corrupt the files. I have run into this issue, I don't understand why it happens, it just does.

Just a tip. I see balash recommends just zipping the project folder, I wouldn't do that. Not sure if this applies to TIA, but with Simatic Manager, if you zip/unzip using external programs you could corrupt the files. I have run into this issue, I don't understand why it happens, it just does.

+1

Have had issues in the past also, so I also recommend using built in Archive / Retrieve.

today done archiving. did not know for corrupting bug. got one file that was v13 through zip and all was fine.
good to know for future. (y)

Probably other Simatic apps are still using files or they aren't closed properly yet. once in a while Simatic Manager warns about this when archiving