CJ2M-33: access CF card using ethernet

Raventan

Hi I am new to Omron PLC.

I am using CJ2M-CPU33 PLC with a CF card. Communication is via ethernet with IP address 192.168.250.2 (PLC).

When I open CX-Programmer, I can easily access the memory card content from there (see attached). But what I want is to access its content or the folder itself by file path directory (something like C:\Program Files\Dell), directly from PC.

I was thinking of something like \\192.168.250.2\Omron PLC\Memory Card\ but it did not work.

Please note that I do not want to use any third party program like IPSwitch or Filezilla. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Cheers guys.

Regards,
Raven

001.jpg

Here are the steps to perform using Windows XP or 7 FTP instruction:

- The PLC of the line is properly connected to the company network and office computers have access to the PLC. Verify this by opening up the ‘Command Prompt’ and type ’ping 192.168.250.2’ If replies are received, the computer is connected to the PLC
- Add the PLC information to the ‘HOSTS’ file located in ‘C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc’ using Notepad. Add the following line: ‘192.168.250.2 Omron_PLC’. Full administrator rights are required. This step is only required once per computer.
- Windows Firewall Inbound rules may need to be modified to allow connections for ‘File Transfer Program’. This step is only required once per computer.
- To transfer a file, open the Command Prompt window again.
- Type FTP Omron_PLC
- Type Omron_PLC
- Type PASSWORD This is the actual password and the text will not show
- Type LS
- Type CD memcard
- Type LS
- Optionally, type CD to go to a sub directory as displayed by the previous command
- Type LS A listing of all data files will be shown
- Type GET xxxx.xxx where xxxx.xxx is the filename to be transferred
- Repeat the last step for other files as required
- To delete files during a FTP session, type DEL xxxx.xxx
- Type QUIT to close the FTP session

Note that the plc name has changed slightly by adding the underscore. Also the assumption is made that the password is 'PASSWORD'
Your password is probably different