L32E Firmware Compatibility Issue

CAAJ

Hello All,

I am having trouble configuring my new L32E controller through RSlogix 5000. When trying to go online, I am receiving an error with the condition "Unable to connect to controller. The revision of the offline project and the controller's firmware are not compatible." Then it states that the offline project file I've created contains a firmware revision of 19.xx however the new controller with the IP address I've assigned has a firmware revision of 1.17. Should I just simply update the firmware? If so, where and what revision should I select? And should I change the projects revision or the controllers?

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Christian Acosta

JeremyM, thank you for providing the link. I was able to change the firmware on the controller!

New ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers all seem to come with that 'default' firmware. So this is something you'll need to do anytime you get one.