Cicode Value Passing

emomorales

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good morning,
Hoping you guys can help me with an issue I'm having. I have some values that are supposed to be passed from one PLC to another and it's just not doing it. When I look at my test screen I have set up in Citect I can see my set point value on the one plc and the value that supposed to be passed to the next plc will flash every couple of seconds then disappear. Before I get too far I will tell you that I just transferred everything over to a new computer. I have a funny feeling that I may be missing something as far as read write permissions on my hard drive. I copied my exact same cicode files, config files etc onto this computer as I've done with different computer upgrades in the past but for some reason this one's acting like a diva.

Not enough information.. how is it passing values between PLC's. Is it using Cicode to map one PLC tag to another PLC tag?

How is the Cicode being called? Is it being called by an event (eg. every second) or is it being called by something on the screen?

I agree, most likely scenario is that there is some startup Cicode or an event triggering Cicode that will do the mapping between tags.

You need to run the Citect Setup Wizard on the new computer, select custom setup and make sure you enable events and also look for any Cicode that looks like it should be called on startup.

Thanks for the replies,
The problem seems to be a board on my system. I'm using opto 22 with rs-485 to B1 and B2 boards and some E1 E2 boards. One of my analog boards that info is supposed to be passed back and forth to with my cicode did not automatically change itself to inputs and outputs when I started the system. Some of the things that were outputs were listed as inputs. So I had to manually changed to outputs on the board using opto scan. Once I did that I restarted Citect and everything started working again. This board may be going bad the firmware is from 2003 and this board is well past his life expectancy.