HMI, PC o what else to monitor?

asteroide

Hello Friends

I have 10 machines with Micrologix PLCs in the plant (1100 and 1400), I need to monitor in a central HMI or PC, the status of this machines, like Run, Fault, Standby.
What do you recommend to get, an HMI or PC or what else?
If HMI, which HMI?
If PC, which software? Maybe FactoryTalk ViewPoint?
Another software? which one?

If is it posible, would be great if I can monitor from outside of the Plant. I can get a connection to internet.

Thanks in advance.:)

it depends on what you need. if you are looking just for real time status an hmi may be sufficient.

if you want to do things like trending and alarm notifications or any type of storing of data, a scada software would fit better.

I can offer up a suggestion for you to try AdvancedHMI. Although its main target use is as an HMI software, it does cross into some SCADA features. It has native drivers for the MicroLogix series. The software is easy to use and free. Takes just a few minutes to get up an running. There is a Quick Start guide on the main web site that shows you how to get started.