RSLinx EDS Registration Error

Archie

I had done an upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop, but still running my PLC software on Windows 7 in a virtual machine using Hyper-V. Since the upgrade, my RSLinx in the virtual machine only shows the yellow question marks. I tried to register EDS files in multiple ways and it always give me the error shown in the attached picture. Has anyone else seen this and found a solution?

RSLinxError.jpg

I guess that the upgrade changed the settings on the firewall, and the ports RSLinx needs are blocked. I've never worked with Hyper-V but I'd check the network settings there as well.

It only seems to be a problem with registering EDS files. I can use RSLogix500 and go online with a PLC even though it shows a yellow question mark. I first tried to upload an EDS from a CompactLogix and it uploaded the file, but failed on the registration. So I don't think it's a communication settings.