Looking for a solution for a Wireless Mobile FactoryTalk ME Tablet

sanger

We have an application where the system requires a wireless portable HMI for maintenance troubleshooting. Adding FT View / ViewPoint servers are overkill for this application so we are hoping there exists suitable hardware that could perhaps run FT ME directly. The portable HMI is required to only allow a subset of the functionality of the main HMI so using a VNC connection to the main HMI is not an option.

You can run an FT View ME Station runtime on a rugged portable tablet PC. You can cut down the existing HMI functions into a new application to run on these portable tablets.

These should be suitable:

http://www.panasonic.com/au/busines...ebook-tablet/fully-rugged-toughpad/fz-g1.html

http://www.advantech.net.au/products/1-2kwkn0/pws-870/mod_65eb02ba-72c6-4fab-ba32-611ad11364fc

Good suggestions. I'm sure that FactoryTalk ME is not officially supported on Windows 8/10 but has anyone tried it with any success?

Check this product out. There's versions with built in web-server. They support a bazzilion protocols and can do data-logging and write to SQL as well. There are also cellular products to compliment the base product.

Good Luck,

Yosi

Probably not the answer you are needing, but I have programmed a cheap $85 windows tablet, that natively runs AdvancedHMI wirelessly to a AB controller for troubleshooting and maintenance. It works well and the software is free.

You can remotely connect to a running ftview hmi if you compile it with viewpoint.

You just need a browser and the IP of the machine hosting the running project.

That way you dont need special hardware but you need it running somewhere else.

If you use a panelview for the main HMI, you could also enable the VNC server.