SLC 5/05 - Auto Negotiate

WillM

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with a 5/05 Ser C FRN 10 processor where if I try and select Auto Negotiate or Change the port setting it fails to work.

It accepts the change and prompts the processor needs a cycle of power for changes to work. When I cycle the power it remains as the original "10 Mbps Half Duplex Forced". I've tried a few times with different settings with no joy.

Has anyone came across this before?

Thanks,
Will.

Are you absolutely sure it's a Series C hardware unit ?

For better or for worse, A-B called the modern firmware for the SLC-5/05 "OS501 Series C", instead of giving it another OS50x operating system name. It can be loaded both on controllers equipped with older 10-megabit Ethernet daughtercard hardware and on the modern 10/100 Series C hardware.

The hardware Series letter will be directly to the right of the "1747-L55x" part number on the sticker on the side of the module.

And there will be the numbers "10/100" on a label directly above the Ethernet port.

An older hardware controller will still have the OS options, but will behave as you describe because it physically only supports 10 Mb/s half-duplex Ethernet.

Hi Ken,

100% sure, I've had to upgrade a few of these over the last few months and only having problems with this one.

Has 10/Mbps on the front etc...

Any other ideas?

Thanks.