GE RX3i TC Module

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been using IC695312 Thermocouple modules in my projects.
I have a question about the "Channel Value Format".
I can use 16 bit integer or 32 bit floating point.

If I choose 16 bit integer..
Is the value shown with decimal point suppressed?
From the module will I see 10005 and that is 1000.5 degrees?

Some 90-30 tc modules were like this and I wondered if RX3i was the same.

I have been using IC695312 Thermocouple modules in my projects.
I have a question about the "Channel Value Format".
I can use 16 bit integer or 32 bit floating point.

If I choose 16 bit integer..
Is the value shown with decimal point suppressed?
From the module will I see 10005 and that is 1000.5 degrees?

Some 90-30 tc modules were like this and I wondered if RX3i was the same.

No, IIRC it will round the value.

For details get the Datasheet and the RX3i System Manual GFK-2314 from the GE Knowledge site.

Another question...
I am converting a 90-30 to RX3i.
There are (3) 10 slot expansion racks.

Form what I can see on part numbers....I don't really need to swap to RX3i expansion racks...they seem to have the same part number as 90-30? Is this true?

I can leave the existing racks and modules and just swap the main rack to RX3i?

Another question...
I am converting a 90-30 to RX3i.
There are (3) 10 slot expansion racks.

Form what I can see on part numbers....I don't really need to swap to RX3i expansion racks...they seem to have the same part number as 90-30? Is this true?

I can leave the existing racks and modules and just swap the main rack to RX3i?
Yes, that is correct.

And here I have been changing out expansion racks and power supplies on these 90-30 to RX3i conversions to RX3i....Doh

In RX3i logic I have several subroutines.
Is it wrong to use multiple call blocks in the same rung?
If 1 Call block has a mistake in it will that cause the next Call block in the rung to fail to operate?

There are no issues I'm aware of with chaining multiple CALL statements in series. Logic flow through the CALL statement is unconditional and doesn't depend on the results of the code within the CALLed block. Personally I prefer to put each CALL statement on its own rung with an ALW_ON instruction preceding it. That way I can easily skip the CALL if I need to when commissioning or debugging.