Control Logix Redundancy Issue

obi1987

Hi!

I am working with control logix 5570.I am facing network glitch in FT SE when controller switch from primary to sync.

Chassis - I
SLOT 0:Controller
SLOT1: redundacny module
SLOT 2: ethernet module
SLOT 3 : controlnet

Chassis - II
SLOT 0:Controller
SLOT1: redundacny module
SLOT 2: ethernet module
SLOT 3 : controlnet

Both ethernet module are connected with startix switch & switch are connected with Control Room.

Can you describe the "glitch" ?

There will always be a blind time for the HMI while the Ethernet switches and the computer OS clear and reset their ARP tables. How long that is depends a great deal on the exact configuration and installation of the Ethernet switches and computer network adapters. This is normal and expected operation.

There is a good white paper discussing this on the RA Knowledgebase, in Article ID 702119 (Access Level: Everyone).

Glitch = SCADA not available for almost a min until secondary become primary.

So it means this blind time is expected operation.