Ultrasonic level sensor

Hello

In my factory we use ultrasonic level sensor VEGASM61 to measure solar fuel in a tank.

I contact with many suppliers to buy one. many of them suggest to replace it with radar sensor with the same dimensions and output signal "4-20mA"

Is there any precautions can I take in consider if I used this radar sensor??

Or both are same

In general, radar is slower updating/responding than ultrasonic. If faster updates are important, then be aware of the difference.

Radar will shoot through the plastic and 'see' things outside of a plastic tank/vessel which it might interpret as a level echo.

Both technologies do not like condensation on the transducer and can fault.

Both technologies have a 'dead zone' beneath the reference point in which the device can not read the level, so the level medium/material can not be in the dead zone. The dead zone varies by brand/model.

Most radars have local display at the transducer, and since the radar is on the top of the tank, that display might have to be augmented with a loop powered display in order for an operator to read level. Some ultrasonics use a separate transducer wired to the electronics box which is typically mounted at ground level so operators can read the displayed level.

The distance any radar or ultrasonic 'shoots' is brand and model specific. You need something that shoots the distance required.