LOGIX 5K training

BBarr

Hello everyone,
I have been tasked with developing a training plan for our company’s technicians (we are talking 3-4 people at 50 locations worldwide) for RSLogix 5K and I was wondering if any had taken the following online courses from RS. (I realize and agree that the in person classes are better but I was informed that at this time they are a non-starter.)
We don’t need the Tecs. to perform development tasks like configuration or set up. We want them to be able to be able to follow a program enough to maintain, troubleshoot, and perhaps add or in a pinch change an input/output.
What did you guys think of these programs?

Studio 5000 for Logix Designer Level 1 Control Logix system Fundamentals.
Studio 5000 for Logix Designer Level 1 Control Logix Fundamentals of troubleshooting.

Are there better online or software based programs you have found for this software specifically?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Disclaimer......I have a dog in this fight so I won't comment on the quality, just the content.

The Logix 5000 Fundamentals class is two days and is aimed at giving you the basic knowledge of the system whether your job will have you programming or maintaining existing systems. It covers basic logic, configuration, and using tags. From there you can move into a programmer class or a maintenance and troubleshooting class.

The Fundamentals and Troubleshooting class combines the fundamentals and the maintenance class into one class. I think for most people this is the right class.

You will have some folks here point to or recommend other training or other trainers. You mentioned worldwide locations. The official RA classes are available worldwide and are translated into several languages.

Again though, I have a connection to Rockwell so consider that in my comments.

OG

Thanks Opraghost for the info! Is that CCP-299 you are talking about as covering the fundimentals and the maintence in one class?

I want to be clear that I am not looking for someone to flame Ab's program. I have taken their in person classes myself and found them worth it.

I am just looking for feedback from those whom have taken the class: what the specific strengths and weakness were to get a better idea what class/classes are the right fit.

Last edited:
while I sincerely appreciate the suggestion from widelto, I'm afraid that I'm out of the running ...

I realize and agree that the in person classes are better but I was informed that at this time they are a non-starter.

all of the training that I offer is done face-to-face and in-person here in Charleston, SC ...

I'd say that Rockwell is probably going to be the best fit - based on the objectives that you've mentioned ...