Communication help

dgood

I need some direction here. I have a omron cpm2a plc that runs a racing system that I received help from here & Phil,s book .I would like to hook a 4 line message display or whatever there is out there to display race times that can be seen 50 ft or more away .I am using a nt touch screen display now that displays elapsed times on 2 lanes and it also starts and stops race, resets system, ect. Elapsed times are stored in dm area in two words 000.00. Can you tell me the possible directions to go with this project. Also are there any used display vendor sites out there.My skills are limited but I am quick learner and eager for it. Dgood

You are looking for a pretty big display. Expensive I would think. Have a look on Ebay as there are lots of things come up there.

The other option would be to use the 7SEG function in the PLC to drive 7 segment displays. Chews up outputs though.

You can obtain a manual for the CPM2A at
Omron Manuals