Plant PAX 3.50 implementation discussion

sean.battisti

Hi all,
I wanted to see about starting a discussion on best practices and required AOI combinations to implement the Plant PAX items in FTView ME.

As an example:

When utilizing a P_ValveSO object, you have to include the P_Intlk in your code even if you are not utilizing the interlock function due to the faceplates will have errors pop up in the information screen that the object is not found.

Anyone else have items that seem to be more of trial and error to figure out than actually having documentation showing how to implement correctly?

Thanks

I'm using Plant PAx in FTView SE. You can configure whether the object has interlocks or permissives in the Engineering tab.

Yes, the interlock configuration is done on the engineering tab; however, using FTME, you must have the P_Intlk defined in your PLC or you will get an error during runtime of the HMI when you bring up the faceplate.
Error will be:
"Expression contains a tag that has an error value.:"("+{#1_Intlk.Inf_Lib}+"-ME") + {#1_Intlk.Inf_Type} + "-Faceplate""

Not sure about ME, but in SE, if the "Enable navigation to permissive object" isn't checked on the Engineering tab, it doesn't look for the permissive object.

I'm using PlantPAx in a FT View ME environment and I'm not using the P_Intlk object with the P_ValveSO object.

I don't recall seeing any diagnostic errors like that in FT View ME when bringing up the valve popup. As other posters have mentioned I think you can disable it.

I would love to learn a bit about PlantPax from the forum.
I have always been curious about exactly what PlantPax is.
Is it simply a pre-assembled set of global objects, popups and parameter files that correspond to their own brand of AOI?
Kind of a package deal. AM I correct?

I'm using PlantPAx in a FT View ME environment and I'm not using the P_Intlk object with the P_ValveSO object.

I don't recall seeing any diagnostic errors like that in FT View ME when bringing up the valve popup. As other posters have mentioned I think you can disable it.

It may be a version issue then, which is why I would like to have this type of discussion. I am using FTME 7.0 32bit Win7.

Does anyone have items that they have to "tweak" with a PAX object either in FTView or in the PLC program?

I would love to learn a bit about PlantPax from the forum.
I have always been curious about exactly what PlantPax is.
Is it simply a pre-assembled set of global objects, popups and parameter files that correspond to their own brand of AOI?
Kind of a package deal. AM I correct?

Pie,

Yes, it is somewhat of a package deal. You do have to download the library (http://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/home.aspx then choose "find downloads" and search for "process objects"_

Here is some reading on it.
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/proces-rm002_-en-p.pdf

Hey there.
I have downloaded all the required PlantPax files. I have been looking through all this stuff and it looks pretty cool. Especially since I do quite a few HMI screens for the new plant.
I would love to see an example of somebody setting up some of these objects start to finish. Does anybody know a good source of training or videos pertaining to setting up some of this stuff.
Also, some of the reading I am doing on this suggests that this is more for
FTV SE more so than FTV ME. I am using all ME, is this going to work for me?
I see there are objects and files here pertaining to ME.
Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't mean to thread hijack but it seems this thread is dormant for a few days now anyway.

Hey there.
I have downloaded all the required PlantPax files. I have been looking through all this stuff and it looks pretty cool. Especially since I do quite a few HMI screens for the new plant.
I would love to see an example of somebody setting up some of these objects start to finish. Does anybody know a good source of training or videos pertaining to setting up some of this stuff.
Also, some of the reading I am doing on this suggests that this is more for
FTV SE more so than FTV ME. I am using all ME, is this going to work for me?
I see there are objects and files here pertaining to ME.
Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't mean to thread hijack but it seems this thread is dormant for a few days now anyway.

While Plant PAX is focused on FTV SE, the ME works as well, just be sure you are importing from the ME folders though.
Also, when importing, make sure you follow the steps outlined. I wouldn't want you to go through removing and importing everything like I had done several times. :)

I also have not found any good examples anywhere, thus creating this thread. I would love to work with you on bouncing ideas back and forth as I am working in FTV ME also.

Thanks for the bump. (y)

So, first question here.

I am stepping through the publication PROCES-RM002E-June2016. Page 82.
It states " The highlighted example with P_AIn shows that each Add-On Instruction requires a faceplate.GFX, Help.GFX, and Quick.GFX."

So, pertaining to the alarm add on instruction. I went to add the
p_Alarm-help and the P_Alarm-Faceplate, but there is no P_Alarm Quick.

Also, for the Interlock add ons. I have added the display P_Intlk-Faceplate but I do not see P_Intlk-help or P_Intlk-Quick.

Same for power flex. P_PF52x-Faceplate and P_PF52x-Quick, but I do net see
P_PF52x-Help.

What gives??

Thanks

So Ill answer my own question!

Keep reading further!
It states to consult the instruction reference for each add on instruction.
In that manual it states exactly what files you need to make an addo instruction work.

I know this thread is few month old, but I would just share my way of dealing with the interlock problem. The tag with the name "xxxx_Intlk" does not have to be an instance of the "P_Intlk" instruction. You can make a BOOL tag or an alias targeting the main instruction called "xxxx_Intlk" and disable the interlock object in the main instruction.