Kepware WinCC V7 connect

putiss

Hello,
I'm working on set up connection between OPC Kepware V5 (running on PC A) and WinCC V7.0 (running on PC B). Basically OPC (as server) to collecting data from PLCs and WinCC (as remote client) showing data.

In WinCC Explorer... I add the OPC driver and OPC connection and then when I want to connect to remote OPC DA via Test Server button, I'll get pop-up:
"Server is not active, cannot be reached by the computer network or does not support the OPC interface!"

Somebody with experience with it?
Could someone give some info what is necessary to setup connection?

Thank you :)

@hmirie - you have to install OPC Client connectivity pack at the same server where wincc is running. Then you can connect wincc v7 via OPC DA

To import data from wincc (PC B) to OPC Kepware V5 (PC A) you need to define wincc as an OPC Server and not client "Wincc OPC Server".

In the other side, you need install OPC Server that could work with your PLC ( such PLC have it's own OPC Server, OPC Server for PLC Siemens doesn't work with PLC Allen Bradley )

@allexkym - thanks for opinion. I had an idea that I can use Siemens OPC Client Scout (part of WinCC V7 package) but kepware with UA tunnel (pc A - pc B) works good

@Oubax - PC A is defined as server. It means point where I collect data from different type of PLCs. PC B with WinCC app is just station which is connect to PC A via OPC UA tunnel.
...without DCOM setting :)