Crimson 3 Gateway Block issues

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
I am working on prototyping a blending system. I need to write 6 Real Registers (recipe info) in my L32E out to a Preset Controller via Modbus TCP/IP.

I am using a Red Lion G306 as the Protocol Conversion unit. I have a Gateway Block set up as G3 to Device. The issue is the data doesn't make it out to the device. I am pretty sure that I have the registers correct because if I change it to Device to G3 I get the proper data. See the attached screen shot.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice that might help. Since I am am a "one man show" you guys are the only colleagues that I have to bounce ideas off of :)

Let me know what you think.
Thanks!!

G3 TO ACCULOAD GWB.jpg

Can you get a mirrored Ethernet port and run Wireshark to see if the data is even attempting to be written to the destination device ?

Or, run ModSim32 on your PC, and substitute your PC's IP address for the Modbus/TCP target device. This can be tricky with firewalls, so disable them for testing.

Have you also tested to be sure the values are being read from the CompactLogix correctly ? If the G3 can't read from the CompactLogix, then there won't be a data change to trigger the Automatic update. Try a timed trigger as well.

ZIP and post the *.CD3 file if you can.

Sorry posted the wrong screen shot. Here is the proper one.

Is the Preset Device (ACCULOAD) set up as a Modbus Slave?

Do you have the Ping Register set right on the ACCULOAD Protocol Options? It needs to be a valid 16 bit integer register in the ACCULOAD device. Don't use your real registers.

Thanks Guys,
Since the Accuload requires a verification of the the parameters that are changed, it requires a special sequence that must be followed to download to a parameter. So I set it up in a program on the G306 and it is working great. Helps to read the manual. I was only on page 1 :sick:

I have another question about FT View SE Recipe stuff but will post that on a separate post.