Crimson 3 question

Edmhydraulics

Hey folks, looking for a bit of help. I have a G15 HMI, I am using Crimson 3. I have created a program with contents:

if (Type == 150)
Test_Pressure_Setpoint = 450;

Now I want the Tag, Test_Pressure_Setpoint to display 450 when the operator inputs 150 into tag, Type. Seems simple enough, but it wont work when I use the emulator.

Any thoughts, this is probably something really easy that I am missing.

Thanks

Edm.

Where are you calling this program?

You might be able to use tag triggers for what you want to do, and eliminate the program altogether. Example: Set up a Data Match trigger on your Type tag. Put 150 for the Value and "Test_Pressure_Setpoint:=450" for the Action.

Last edited:
The program is called program1 for now, I want to use a program because there are several different values that can be entered into type, each with a different set point result.

A program has to be called somewhere or else it won't function. For your application, I suggest calling it from the global "On Tick" action--this will cause it to run every second. It's probably not the most efficient way to do it but it will at least allow you to test your code.

OK here's another suggestion. Leave your Type tag alone and go to your Test_Pressure_Setpoint tag. Set the Source to Complex. Use code like the following:

Code:
switch (Type) {
case 150: return 450; break;
case 200: return 500; break;
case 250: return 550; break;
// You get the idea...
}
You can modify the case statements in this code to act as your lookup table, just follow the pattern. No extra programs needed.