Omron CS1 & AB CL Memory

TimeFluxCap

Hi all

The new Omron CS1 PLC has the ability that if you install a flash memory card into the CPU all the program and instruction comments are kept on the CPU, so when whenever you go online you do not have the current program on your laptop to be able to read comments.

Is the ControlLogix 40 character symbol name the same? ie each symbol address is stored on the cpu so if you did a fresh upload you would be able to read comments

TFC

5000 series PLC's sore always symbols in PLC memory, as they are "tag-based controllers". There is no physical addresses as Omron has (like D2354, etc..)

But you cannot store comments in PLC.

BR
Lauri

Just a quick aside, with the Omron CS / CJ series, the E memory area can be configured as 'file' memory, so comments, symbol names etc can be stored within the PLC without the need for a compact flash card.
;)

The memory card is so cheap now...
We always install memory cards as this allows us to FTP the backups from the PLC, directly off the memory card.