Downloaded FactoryTalk View ME 8.2 to Replace 6.10. Still only have 6.10.

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I need to upgrade to FactoryTalk View ME to 8.2 , from 6.1. I downloaded 8.2 overnight . I rebooted , and went to open up FactoryTalk View ME Studio ,
and it is still 6.10. Do I need to do a separate install to update this to 8.2 ?
If so , what is the path to the install file , and method ?

By doing this , is there a risk of losing projects ?

Thanks so much,

This is an ordinary Windows Installer, not an automatic update service, so you need to find the downloaded file and execute it (maybe decompress it first, if it's in ZIP format).

On my computer, the RA download manager puts files into the directory path C:\Users\Public\Downloads\RA.

Once you install the new version and open a FactoryTalk View project, that project will be converted to version 8.2. While you can still create Runtimes for older terminal firmware or runtime installations, the project archives (*.APA) won't be open-able by development workstations running earlier versions of FactoryTalk View.

Since you're coming from v6.10, you have probably already cleared the 32-bit to 64-bit database conversion hurdle.