Citect Scada Log int tag change with log device

macgioo2

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help with this. I am trying to log variable changes to a text file using the Log device in citect Scada 7.4x

My Log device is set up as follows,

{Time, 15}{MsgLog, 32}{Arg1, 2}by {UserName,15}

I have created an object (Rectangle) which when pressed opens a number pad to enter a new temperature set point (type int)

In page properties I have set a "key sequence" to ## Enter and the "key sequence command" to "Arg1" but nothing is being passed to Arg1, so all I get as an output it time, message log and username.

Anyone know why this is wrong?

Thank,
Oran

Hmmm..... Arg1 seems to be ok, in that it is a system variable and doesn't need to be defined.

If I replace it with ArgVal1, it errors during compile citing undefined tag!?

But thank you very much for your input, T1969

Hi T1969,

I didn't have any luck getting this to work, ArgValue1 does compile ok however!

Can you explain to me how/where you passed the int value to ArgValue1?

Thanks in advance.