Slow indicator response PV Plus, Compact Logix

Hello. Working with my first Compact Guard Logix L30ERMS and a PV Plus. I am interfaced to a Fanuc R30iB robot controller through Ethernet I/P.

It seems my indicators have quite a bit of lag to them. I initially started the project with a Proface HMI which I decided not to use for other reasons, but the indicator lag was not there - only with the Panelview

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum !

FactoryTalk View does tag reads on a per-Display basis, and the default update time is 1.0 seconds, though in my opinion the roundtrip for Pushbutton -> PLC -> Indicator can look even slower.

You can set this as fast as 50 milliseconds if you have a Display with a lot of pushbutton and indicator elements.

This is one of the weak elements of FTView, and is one of the reasons that the still-evolving PanelView 5550 has a Logix-specific 100-ms pushbutton I/O object.

For ordinary PanelView Plus applications, I generally set the Displays to 250 ms updates.