Pneumatic Screw Gun Motor

khewes

Hello All,

I'm working on an air logic system where I want to detect when an air motor activates. When an air motor activates does it draw more psi? or anything of the sort? im super lost.

If there is anyway to detect when an air motor is on or off please let me know! or send me in the right direction!

Thank you ,
Kris

Are you using a solenoid to start the air motor? If so, use the signal that turns on the solenoid.

Are you using a solenoid to start the air motor? If so, use the signal that turns on the solenoid.

no solenoid. and the application is for an pneumatic screw gun with tool arm, so i cannot exactly get in there and change the hardware to add a prox sensor.

perhaps i could add solenoid. I will look into it,

Right now i believe a precise flow control valve or something of the sort is the way to go.

Thanks all

If it is a manually operated screw gun about the only thing you can do is to detect air flow or possibly a pressure drop in the air line. That will tell you that the screw gun is trying to run but not necessarily that it is actually running.

If it is a manually operated screw gun about the only thing you can do is to detect air flow or possibly a pressure drop in the air line. That will tell you that the screw gun is trying to run but not necessarily that it is actually running.

im struggling to find the component needed.

i want to detect the air flow, and when the air flow is detected i want to activate a switch. when the air flow stops i want to deactivate the switch. more precision is better

Does such a piece exist?
If so where/what...