1756-if16

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an analog input card I am needing to get some 4-20 mA signals off of and I was wondering... in the actual controller tags which ones do I actually use? When I added the card to the backplane a whole list of controller tags showed up for channels faults, module faults, etc... It is in slot 7 of my chassis... do I use the actual Local:7:I.Ch0Data bit and go through the Local:7:I.Ch7Data bit? Im a little confused..

If I remember correctly, the contractor who installed it used both methods for various channels, because he could.....

It still causes us headaches, such that any new analogs are specified as Flex I/O and we steer clear of 1756-IF16....

It's all in the setup. First off RTFM. That is a MUST with these modules. They can do a lot of stuff. When you first setup the device there are choices... single ended, double ended and high speed, about 9 ways to sunday. These things are great in that you can bring in engineering units instead of just data words. Float, Integers, CST timestamped float or integers... you decide when you setup the card how many channels you will have. AFAIK you can only set these up one way for the entire module.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um009_-en-p.pdf

you will definitely need the manual.