WAGO CoDeSys analog input

markush99

I'm using a pressure sensor that outputs 4-20mA related to a range from 0-6 bar.

i want to connect this to my WAGO 750-485 module.

It's the first time I use the LIN_TRAFO function which make the scaling. I`m wondering to use 6552 at min and 32760 at max.

I'm putting the OUT_MIN = 0 and OUT_MAX= 6, is that also correct?

Do you guys have some other tips to get this working?

I'm not that familiar with analog and Codesys, but I have started to use Wago IO with a ControlLogix. Some quick google-fu and your instruction for scaling looks correct as well as your scaling parameters.

You do need to pay attention to how the data is getting to you in the first place. The data is sent to the as 2 bytes, a High byte and a Low byte. I know on my ControlLogix I need to combine these into a single 16 bit integer before I can drop them into a scaling function. Which means I take the high byte and shift them into bits 8-15 of the integer and then add the low byte into bits 0-7 of the integer. Once that is complete I can process in my scaling block.

I don't know how a Wago controller directly processing this data, if it combines it automatically or not. If you are having issues I would verify the understanding of the data as it is received.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm using a pressure sensor that outputs 4-20mA related to a range from 0-6 bar.

i want to connect this to my WAGO 750-485 module.

It's the first time I use the LIN_TRAFO function which make the scaling. I`m wondering to use 6552 at min and 32760 at max.

I'm putting the OUT_MIN = 0 and OUT_MAX= 6, is that also correct?

Do you guys have some other tips to get this working?
I use a function that can also be a function block if you wanted to (you need to set it up).
I have attached the function as a TXT file.
Change the file extension to EXP once you get them.
Go to your wago software and under your POU import the attached file.
You can then work with the code and such.
Hope this helps.

because it is a FB you have to declare it in the vars.
if you run it in simulation you can set the inputs to any value.
please be aware that the error values are also playing , so better is to shift the value or to use a inp1 block from oscat.

and yes your settings look pretty good, it is depending on the input card which values are to be used.

please download from oscat.de a nice library for this type of conversions.