SIDirect OI Server (Intouch DAServer for S7-1500)

mich281

Hello,

We have a slight problem using the new SIDirect OI Server G-1.1. First of all: we have a Siemens CPU S7-1500 and a project in TIA Portal v13. We want to use Intouch as a visualisation. And apparently you need to use the SIDirect OI Server G-1.1 to do this. We configured everything as was said in the manuals, but we cannot find how we need to configure the access name in Intouch, or at least not a correct way.

For the moment I have set this to:
Node Name: (empty)
Application Name: SIDIR
Topic Name: Symbolic_Normal

However, when we start up the WindowViewer we get the question if we want to start 'SIDIR.exe' (in SMC this is already activated, so this is already weird).
If we say Yes, we get the message:
'Cannot start application SIDIR.exe. Make sure the application name is correct and that the location of the application is included in your path'

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and what the application name should be?

Thanks in advance,

Mich

I have tested it only with a OPC client, maybe this helps.

If you connect via OPC to the server, then the servername is:
SIDIR

And the full path to a symbol is (e.g. for PLC symbol "PlcSymbol"):
PORT.Symbolic.PlcSymbol

Thanks Thomas for your reply. I haven't tried with a OPC Client yet.
Maybe I will try this later if this problem doesn't get fixed.

I have found the problem, after a long search.
First of all, there was a problem with my item name in Intouch.
Second: the error message that was generated when starting Intouch.
Older DAServers from Wonderware run as local applications such as DASABCIP.exe (for Allen Bradley). However the new OI Servers do not run as SIDIR.exe (as in the example of my case), but as DASWrapper.exe apparently. That's why Intouch gives the error message.
You can avoid this error by a setting in WindowMaker: Special -> Configure -> WindowViewer -> General -> I/O -> Uncheck Start Local Servers.

If anyone wants to view the complete explanation, i give you the hyperlink:
https://okmgcs.km.invensys.com/gcs/index?page=content&id=FAQ14191&cat=MELSEC&actp=LIST