factory talk view me 8.2

hoosier man

Hello, I have been running factory talk view me 8.2 since about the beginning of the year. It has worked just fine on all my new projects, but when I opened up some older projects, it wouldn't allow me to create a runtime application of anything less than version 8.0. My local tech guy told me to uninstall 8.0 and load 8.1. I did that, and some of my older stuff had some issues and I couldn't open anything created with 8.2. I don't want to upgrade firmware on all of my old stuff and I don't want to have to carry around 2 different computers just to have the 2 versions of software I need. any Help would be appreciated. thanks

Is your 8.2 installed on a 64-bit OS? If so, you need to install it on a 32-bit OS.

If you backed up your projects in APA instead of converting from MER this wouldn't have happened.

If you want to keep your 64-bit OS, then create a temporary 32-bit Virtual Machine, install FTView, load your projects, backup in APA and reload your APA in 64-bit OS.