Step7 & Profinet

junior

Good afternoon folks. I need to upload a program from a Siemens ET200 pro plc, but the plc only has 3 profinet ports (no MPI ports). On previous Siemens plc's, I would use the PG/PC interface to configure the MPI port and I could connect to it for uploading with Step 7 v5.5.

I can't figure out how to configure the PG/PC interface for Profinet. Do I even use the PG/PC interface?

TIA

Jr.

You have to use the TCP/IP settings (not the one with "Auto") of the PG/PC interface.

If you are searching for reachable partners, you should see the Plc and maybe other devices which answer the request (Profinet devices and other PCs with simatic software as well).

If your PC is in the same IP subnet as the Plc, then you can directly download the program from it. If not, you can get the actual IP address in the info box of the Plc, and change your PCs address to it's in the same subnet.

The programm up- and download to a S7 uses standard TCP/IP, not profinet.

Thanks for the info, it sounds like even though the PLC has a profinet port, it also uses regular TC{/IP. Good to know.