SoMachine Analog Outs

dskplc

Hello,
I am trying to scale my analog outs in SoMachine 4.1 and know that I need to convert engineering units to raw values. I have a bit of code that does the conversion (see Inside AnalogOut FB picture) but not sure what tag to put in my output of the analog out fucntion block (see AO picture).

On top of that I am trying to set the speed for my pump (see Speed picture).
I am not sure where I am going wrong.

Thanks for any direction.

Inside AnalogOut FB.jpg AO.jpg Speed.PNG

i see double names : scaling is used as a FB and as a param value
the tag can have any name, however it should also have an address used so something like AT%QW....

I'm going off year+ old memory you get the actual memory address from the IO configuration screen. It should be near the bottom of the explorer pane on the left (by default). From there you can either map an existing, declared variable into the IO output, or declare a new variable there (my preference).

Shooter noted the duplicate reference to 'Scaling' as a FB name and as an input to the FB too. That needs to be addressed. Change the name of the input param to something else.

Besides that, if you can connect to the PLC or simulate the values, that might help you troubleshoot. When logged in, the variables will animate and you can trace/check through every calculation. Assign values to PLC_CV ( and corresponding BOOL's) and then check for corresponding outputs.

Let us know what exactly you're seeing when connected with live values. It would help with troubleshooting.

Analog scaling with Normalizer_Limiter

Hi,

You could use the *Normalizer_Limiter* function block. Add library - Util -> Toolbox.
Snapshot attached.

Hope it helps.

Normalizer_Limiter.jpg