New VFD Series from Lenze (Formerly AC Tech)

damiens

Has anyone here used the new VFDs from Lenze? The i510 series. I'm planning to buy a micro drive but would like any comments if you have used it before.

Thank you in advance.

I would be curious as well. We have used a lot of the AC Tech VFDs and wanted STO and Ethernet. We looked at the i510/550 but are trying out an Emerson M300 with Ethernet/IP. The Lenze drive looked fairly nice on paper.

Looks like an outgrowth of their (Lenze, pre-ACTech buyout) old 9200 series drives. I used some on a machine project once, had to yank them out because the user could not understand how to enter parameter changes. Before buying ACTech, Lenze was better known for servo drives and motors, the 9200 VFD was an adapted servo drive. As per typical German equipment; well made, lots of features, hard to navigate the "Ginglish" manuals. I can't imagine this is any different, it's probably not going to be like the old ACTech drives or the joint projects they did like the SMVector. Download a manual first and see what you think though, everyone is different. I was fine with the 9200s, it was my customer who hated them.

Thank you for the explanation jraef. What drew me to the i500 series is their modular concept. I should look at the user's manual first like you suggested. Thank you.

What's the name of your company? What kind of machines do you build?