Unity v.11 M580 connect issue

miked86ric

I'm having trouble connecting to the M580 PAC. I'm receiving an error message when trying to test connection with PLC via USB. Error is as follows "This isn't a valid PLC Address, or PLC is busy, or media is off."

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to forum!

New PLC or laptop, there is maybe error on installing of M580 USB driver first time to PC, and USB don't see IP address 90.0.0.x

Try this:

http://www.schneider-electric.com/en/faqs/FA242433/

p.s By default setting of new M580 project, you can only connect via USB.
Ethernet port programming is disabled by security setting on PLC hardware if you don't change them.

Also be sure to get the latest hotfixes for unity 11 on schneiders website. There is 1 or 2 specifically for issues tih the m580