Communication between GE PLC E05 and Allen Bradley Control Logix

Usama_maqsod

Hi,
I am currently working on a project in which the target is to communicate the GE PLC E05 with Allen Bradley Control Logix over Modbus Serial 485 which means all DIs,DOs,AIs and AOs programmed in Proficy Machine Edition should also be able to read by Control Logix PLC.
++My strategy that how to implement:
1. Using IC200CMM020 (Serial Communication Module)

My nightmares:
1. Programming need for initiating Communication??
2. Cable Pinouts configuration for linking both the devices??
3. How to check that Communication is proper??

Please HELP...............

The data sheet for the serial communications module is GFK-2423. The following quote is taken from GFK-2423A, dated April 2006.
The VersaMax Serial Communications Module, IC200CMM020,
operates as a Modbus RTU Master in a VersaMax I/O Station
controlled by a Genius Network Interface Unit.
Does that describe your system? If not , you should use the fifteen-pin RS-485 port on the CPU. If you decide to use the serial port on the CPU, you could choose to make the CPUE05 the Modbus RTU master or slave. If it is the slave all of the programming will be in the Control Logix PLC. If the CPUE05 is to be the Modbus RTU master, you will need to add logic to control the communications.

The data sheet for the serial communications module is GFK-2423. The following quote is taken from GFK-2423A, dated April 2006.

Does that describe your system? If not , you should use the fifteen-pin RS-485 port on the CPU. If you decide to use the serial port on the CPU, you could choose to make the CPUE05 the Modbus RTU master or slave. If it is the slave all of the programming will be in the Control Logix PLC. If the CPUE05 is to be the Modbus RTU master, you will need to add logic to control the communications.

Thank You Sir for reply I have also read your old threads about this with nitin.Now the Pin configuration is clear for me now the problem is that how to control communication.
For Example if There is an analog value on %I0039 and I want to Communicate this value with Control logix then will i just have to move this to modbus register %R0039.and then attach the cable for communication.will it work in case my CPUE05 is salve????

%R memory in the PLC corresponds to Modbus 4xxxxx addresses.
%AI memory in the PLC corresponds to Modbus 3xxxxx addresses.
%I memory in the PLC corresponds to Modbus 1xxxxx addresses.
%Q memory in the PLC corresponds to Modbus 0xxxxx addresses.

Modbus is a master-slave protocol. The Modbus master initiates all communications requests. The slave responds to requests from the master. Those requests can be to read data from the slave or to write data to the slave. Programming will be required in whichever device is the master.

OK thanks for helping me i will also share my experience upon completion of it.......
will need your useful information for this...
Thank You

Steven Bailey i successfully developed the communication between Allen Bradley Control Logix and GE PLC E05 by using Modbus Protocol.But i have to use a Protocol Converter (GE EGD Protocol to Modbus RTU) then i have to do a little programming in Studio 5000 for Allen Bradley.

I completed within a week but now posting,appologize for late reply
thanks for your support..... :)