Copied Logix5000 program crashes

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have two computers. One an old W2K machine. The other is a Win7 machine. Both computers have the same versions of ControlLogix software. I want to copy a ControlLogix 5000 (Ver.10.06) program from the W2K machine and open the file on the Win7 machine because this will be the computer I use going forward. When I do, the program will not open and it crashes the ContolLogix software. Is this a problem with 32bit versus 64bit? What can I do to get the program to open on the new machine?

Thanks.

Well for starters, ver. 10 isn't officially supported in Win 7. Others on this site have gotten other non officially supported versions of Logix 5000 to work in Win 7. Don't remember specifically about version 10 though.

I couldn't even get anything below v13 to install on W7. I am using 64 bit though, that could be a factor.

Well, can you create a new project on Win2k machine? If yes, can you copy that project to Win7 and open there?