Uploading From A Yaskawa MP2300Siec

JKS

Hi, folks;

I've got a small 2-axis pick & place robot that we're looking to make some changes to. It is controlled by a Yaskawa MP2300Siec with an LIO-04; the axis modules are SGDV-2R8A11B's.

The problem is that if we have the OEM's original programs, no one can find them. I've tried multiple times to get in touch with the OEM to get copies, and no one there wants to call me back.

I'm very un-familiar with Yaskawa's stuff, but figured I'd try to upload the programming and go from there. I'm using MotionWorks IEC 2 Express.

I have gotten basically less than no-where with it. All the manuals have proven to be less than helpful, so here I am: what am I missing and what should I be doing here? I can't seem to even get MW to see the MP2300, never mind figure out how upload the programming.

Any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just to tell me how dumb I was to over-look something obvious. Just... please point out the obvious, as at this point, I'm just lost.

Thanks, guys.

- Jeff

Hi, folks;

I've got a small 2-axis pick & place robot that we're looking to make some changes to. It is controlled by a Yaskawa MP2300Siec with an LIO-04; the axis modules are SGDV-2R8A11B's.

The problem is that if we have the OEM's original programs, no one can find them. I've tried multiple times to get in touch with the OEM to get copies, and no one there wants to call me back.

I'm very un-familiar with Yaskawa's stuff, but figured I'd try to upload the programming and go from there. I'm using MotionWorks IEC 2 Express.

I have gotten basically less than no-where with it. All the manuals have proven to be less than helpful, so here I am: what am I missing and what should I be doing here? I can't seem to even get MW to see the MP2300, never mind figure out how upload the programming.

Any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just to tell me how dumb I was to over-look something obvious. Just... please point out the obvious, as at this point, I'm just lost.

Thanks, guys.

- Jeff

If they did not include the source code in the factory download then you are pretty much SOL.

Much like most other PLCOpen systems source code downloads are optional.

You need to know the IP address of the controller. You can always force it to the default(192.168.1.1) with the DIP switch. Yes, it must have the source code on it for you to be able read it.