A remarkably stupid question

So I've doing a project with FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition (there's a mouthful) and I'd like to save my application / project / whatever-you-call-it to a different disk location, under a file name more suited to the project than "Test Development".

Where the heck is the "Save As" button for this purpose?

Thanks,

TM

You didn't move it. You archived it. Any application actively available to FTVS will be in the directory FTVS uses. About the only thing you can do is restore the application you just saved and give it a new name when you get the name collision you are sure to get when you restore it. Or you can use application manager to rename the application that is still in the FTVS directory and then restore the archive you just archived.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I had made a copy and moved that, then tried to load the copy from the other directory, only to discover that I couldn't reach it. The original is still in place, so no worries there.

So long story short - I can't relocate the project to another directory. Hrm, I like keeping all my project-related files in one place, so that's disappointing, but I guess that's how it works.

Thanks again!

TM

And to repeat the advice, always create a backup file (.apa) of the project using the Application Manager. This is the only 'portable' method of archiving the project. Make sure to save a copy of the .apa file in a secondary secure location. The .apa file can be moved to another computer and restored (again using the Application Manager).