Ml1000 & click

Tom@Pton

I have a customer with an existing ML1000 that we installed quite a few years ago. It's function was rather limited but did what we wanted. New owners are asking more and more.

We are installing some CLICKs to handle various processes. The CLICKs (Ethernet) and ML1000 (Com Port 1) are connected to an EA9-T10CL. Eventually the ML1000 will be replaced.

Is there any way I can enter a numeric value on the HMI and have it write that number to both the ML1000 and the CLICK?

Use Event Manger. Math of DS1*1(CLICK) to destination of ML1000 N7:1?

Sound logical? I'll try later today.

Convoluted round about way to get it done but that appears like it will work. Minus some details of course.

I told them 3+ years ago, steps 1 thru step 5. They jumped in at step 4. A real PIA for this old beginner.

I would still take some suggestions if any one has something better.

Thanks

Convoluted round about way to get it done but that appears like it will work. Minus some details of course.

I told them 3+ years ago, steps 1 thru step 5. They jumped in at step 4. A real PIA for this old beginner.

I would still take some suggestions if any one has something better.

Thanks

The event manager will work. Just DOCUMENT IT. In six weeks, I would forget the source of that data and look around the Click address picker and the ML1000 IO table headscratching and facepalming wondering how either is getting the signal.

As the ML's are replaced, remove the event manager entries for the ML, and move the actions for the Clicks to the actual screen objects.