Wago IO Process Image Data...

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm beginning to use Wago IO for remote IO racks via Ethernet/IP. Interfacing with a ControlLogix or CompactLogix. for the most part I have everything worked out but I'm confused about the I/O map that the 750-352 has provided me given the physical configuration.

For test purposes I have 3 cards.
Slot 1 - 2 Channel AI
Slot 2 - 2 Channel Relay DO
Slot 3 - 2 Channel Relay DO

My generic Ethernet module is configured using SINT data, instances 107 for input data, 101 for output data. Input size is 4 bytes, output size is 2 bytes.

As I understood from the 750-352 manual, that data comes in bytes from the slot location. The Input data are aligned, the output data are aligned.

So in my Logix Tag data coming from the Generic Ethernet Module I expected:
WAGO:I.Data[0] = Slot 1, Channel 1 Low Byte
WAGO:I.Data[1] = Slot 1, Channel 1 High Byte
WAGO:I.Data[2] = Slot 1, Channel 2 Low Byte
WAGO:I.Data[3] = Slot 1, Channel 2 Low Byte

This works, and I'm happy.

WAGO:O.Data[0].0 = Slot 2, Relay Output 1
WAGO:O.Data[0].1 = Slot 2, Relay Output 2
WAGO:O.Data[0].2 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].3 = Slot 2, Not Used

WAGO:O.Data[0].4 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].5 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].6 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].7 = Slot 2, Not Used

WAGO:O.Data[1].0 = Slot 3, Relay Output 1
WAGO:O.Data[1].1 = Slot 3, Relay Output 2

WAGO:O.Data[1].2 = Slot 3, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[1].3 = Slot 3, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[1].4 = Slot 3, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[1].5 = Slot 3, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[1].6 = Slot 3, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[1].7 = Slot 3, Not Used

My issue is with the output mapping, the items in BOLD conflict my actual.

My ACTUAL output data is this:
WAGO:O.Data[0].0 = Slot 2, Relay Output 1
WAGO:O.Data[0].1 = Slot 2, Relay Output 2
WAGO:O.Data[0].2 = Slot 3, Relay Output 1
WAGO:O.Data[0].3 = Slot 3, Relay Output 2

WAGO:O.Data[0].4 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].5 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].6 = Slot 2, Not Used
WAGO:O.Data[0].7 = Slot 2, Not Used

Attached is a picture of the I/O Map from the 750-352, it shows both the relay output cards utilizing Output Byte 0. So the configuration seems to match what I am actually seeing.

Looks like there is some optimization going on here, but I'm not finding documentation that explains this in detail. Can anyone provide some insight? Or point me in the right direction so I can clarify my understanding. Should I expect so see the same optimization if I used digital input cards?

Wago.JPG

Nevermind... looks like I overlooked this paragraph in the manual:

The bits of the digital modules are combined into words and then mapped after the analog ones in the process image. If the number of digital I/Os is greater than 16 bits, the Fieldbus Coupler automatically begins a new word.

the inputs start with the analog channels at %IW0
then the digital starts the next word like %IX4.0
the same for outputs so analog starts with %QW0 and the digitakl continues with next word like %QX7.0

It looks like you've got this one under control, but I thought I'd pass along this information anyway...

There is a WAGO utility that will do this called "WAGO Addressing Tool". The modules you are using can be selected and it will create the assembly information for Logix, mapping breakdown, and the Logix tag list. The tag list can be exported to a .csv for modifying and importing into Logix. I think you have to contact your local WAGO representative to get a copy as I am not having any success finding on their website.

Happy WAGO'ing!