S7-1200 service pack 1

kirk

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a machine with a S7-1200. It was programmed on software WITHOUT SERVICE PACK 1.

My software has Service pack 1 installed, I am having problems uploading the program from the equipment.

I am being told by the equipment manufacturing that the issue is incompatibility between the programing softwares.

SO, CAN I UPLOAD the program from the equipment given the scenario above?

I can get the program from the equipment manufacturer, let it convert and download, BUT I am leery to do that without getting a true copy of what is running on the machine now as a backup.

Any Insight is greatly appreciated.

I have a machine with a S7-1200. It was programmed on software WITHOUT SERVICE PACK 1.

My software has Service pack 1 installed, I am having problems uploading the program from the equipment.

I am being told by the equipment manufacturing that the issue is incompatibility between the programing softwares.

SO, CAN I UPLOAD the program from the equipment given the scenario above?

I can get the program from the equipment manufacturer, let it convert and download, BUT I am leery to do that without getting a true copy of what is running on the machine now as a backup.

Any Insight is greatly appreciated.

What versions is this? V13 vs V13 SP1? V12 vs V12 SP1?

What FW version is the CPU?

TIA Portal is black magic and ritual.

What you need is a blank unconverted project that has been made with SP0. Upload into that project and it all works.

Call Siemens tech support or risk searching their website and you should be able to get the blank project.

What versions is this? V13 vs V13 SP1? V12 vs V12 SP1?

What FW version is the CPU?

created in V13 I am using V13 SP1

I am not positive of the PLC, But I know it was bought within the last 6 months, SO I figure the most up to date FW.

Do you have the possibility to upgrade the project, update firmware and redownload (to PLC) the project?

If you have not already, I would sign up with the Siemens forum and try to download any of their firmware. You have to apply for a export allowance or something. Could take a couple of days.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/#document/106200276?lc=en-WW

I can update the project and download, but that means I have to have faith that the program the equipment manufacturer is the exact same program the is ACTUALLY in it. And I maintain a healthy bit of skepticism that they may have made changes on the production floor that didn't get captured in the engineers copy of the program. If I could upload, I'd feel way more warm and fuzzy about it.

TIA Portal is black magic and ritual.

What you need is a blank unconverted project that has been made with SP0. Upload into that project and it all works.

Call Siemens tech support or risk searching their website and you should be able to get the blank project.

Does anyone have the number?

It seems to elude me.