1756-ENTB Unrecognized in RSLinx Enterprise

neos

Hi All,

The other day I went to go on line to a PLC and the 1756-ENTB in the RSLinx Enterprise (Via RSWho) has a question mark and is shown as Unrecognized. It is also shown this way in the Factory Talk Administration Console. To my knowledge there have been no changes to the system, this has only just happend. I have re-booted, I re registered all the EDS on the pc just in case. Any ideas would be helpfull. I attached a screen shot.

Another PC with RSView Studio is talking to and seeing this card correctly.

The other question mark @10.3.41.40 is new too I believe

Thanks in advance!:)

Lost ENTB.jpg

Hello Neos, You need to install module profile. same ? mark you must also seeing in RS Linx, You can find module profiles Rockwell site, on AB.com

a) Do you have RSLinx Classic installed in the same computer? How do the devices appear in RSLinx?
b) What version of RSLinx Enterprise are you using?
c) What's the firmware of both unrecognized devices?

Here's a technote:

TN530781 Products show Yellow or Gray Question Marks after Upgrade (Access Level Everyone)
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/530781

The system has been running unchanged for 10 years. And it just happened. No software installs have changed. There is no RSLinx classic. I will not be updating any software versions as its gmp qualified pharmaceutical. I will check out your tech note. Cheers!

The system has been running unchanged for 10 years. And it just happened.
I like when customers said that. At the end I get paid to show them they are missing something. :)
There is no RSLinx classic.
I think the picture in your original post is depicting RSLinx Classic. RSLinx Enterprise is located on the communications tab, not in the Application tab.
I will not be updating any software versions as its gmp qualified pharmaceutical.
That's ok. However, it's good practice to check the firmware you have installed in your modules and investigate if there're any known anomalies.

Anyways, good luck with the troubleshooting.