FactoryTalk View SE - Client VBA to return HMI Server Path

andytimc

I'm working on some VBA code to place all available trend template names in a combo box from the user to select from. That way they can easily modify the data displayed on ther single trend screen.

I use VBA code to return all the Trend Template FileNames that exist in the HMIServer/Trend Folder. This works great when the Client is running on the Server and I use a hard coded path the the location.

I'd really like to find a way to return the Path of the Server project in VBA. That way when I run a client on another machine the VBA will be able to detect the path and then I can point it to the Trend folder so my combo box continuers to function properly.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?

You can use something like this:

strServer = me.application.GetHMIServerComputerName("\AREA")

where AREA is your actual area name. It returns the HMI server name into strServer, which you can then incorporate into a path, something like:

strPath = "\\" & strserver & "\c$\users\public\documents\RSViewSE\HMI Projects\SE\My Project"

or

strPath = "\\" & strserver & "\ftvse\"

The rest of that path is from memory, might not be quite right.