RSLOGIX time issue

JackM

OK, first off let me say hi to everyone. I have used this board before to answer a lot of my questions but this one has me stumped. I reset the time on a processor and come back and check it a day or two later and it seems to be jumping ahead in time? The processor is a 1769-L35E compactLogix5335E controller running version 19.15 RS5000 software. I have some metrics that are based on time, cycle time, production count, and what not and they are all getting thrown out of whack. I have two machines that do this and the are both running the same configuration. does any body have any Idea as to what could be causing this? I have attached a picture of my clock rung maybe I have something wrong in it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wallclock time D5 .jpg

That year (586486) is a very strange value. It seems like other logic or a remote device is writing to Sys_LocalControlDate array. Or maybe you have a SSV instruction messing with your internal clock.

Just for testing purpose, create a temporal DINT array and use other GSV instruction to get the LocalDateTime.

Thanks nhatsen, I checked every rung in the program there was no SSV instruction to be found. I cant think of anything that would be writing to the PLC in that way.

nhatsen's suggestion is a good one though. Create a new DINT[7] tag and perform a new GSV to get the LocalDateTime and store it in that tag. If the year is still all messed up in your new tag, then the internal clock has an odd value in it. If the year is correct in your new tag, but wrong in your old tag, then something is overwriting your existing tags. Maybe do that, and let us know the results, at least that way you'll know which direction to focus your troubleshooting instead of using the shotgun approach.

Create a DINT array outside of a UDT for the GSV. Just a hunch but the GSV is attempting to store the data in contiguous memory....I've found that arrays in UDTS don't always behave as such.

Just looked at it again and it was reading 2216 created a new dint and Rung Lets see what happens. Thanks for all the help! Hopefully I will be able to figure out what is causing this.

Second one done.jpg

Just an Update to this, It appears that the problem shows up after I have lost power to the PLC. When they change out tools they have to kill power to everything here. if the PLC stays powered up I have no issue with my clock as soon as it gets turned off it start going way too fast. Has anybody seen this before??

I had this exact same issue on an l35e,tried everything even tech connect, no help. Changed the cpu with another l35e from a line which wasnt using the time. Worked fine since. Was also using v19.

If you have a hmi connected you can use the time tags from that.

Just an Update to this, It appears that the problem shows up after I have lost power to the PLC. When they change out tools they have to kill power to everything here. if the PLC stays powered up I have no issue with my clock as soon as it gets turned off it start going way too fast. Has anybody seen this before??

Does the change happen on both your old and new DINT tags?

If your HMI is a PanelView, you can get the time from the HMI under Global Connection\Date and Time and link those to your processor.